Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wish Upon A Star



I also made this table runner to have for a just in case gift.

The fabrics are mostly from Mother's stash. The patchwork pattern is one we saw on Eleanor Burn's Quilt in a Day TV show. We liked the pattern so much I bought the book. The back is a fabric from my stash. The blue print cotton for the binding came from Mother's stash. The white background fabric was left over from the Black and White and Red All Over quilt.





We all like watching Eleanor's program. Daddy especially likes the part when she tosses a scrap over her shoulder. It's her 'signature' move.

I quilted this one on my home machine using a walking foot for the straight stitching (stitch in the ditch) and a hopping foot with dropped feed dogs for the flower designs. The flower design was a template from the Sari stash. I swear never again for free form quilting on my home machine. It's just too difficult! But I will quilt with the walking foot again. That technique wasn't too hard.

I discovered that my traditional piecing skills are pretty poor. I must be doing too many modern, simple quilts. I will try this one again sometime soon. I really need to practice traditional piecing!

I gave it to my friend Sara, who likes blue and white.

Size: 18 1/2" x 54 1/2" Table Runner
Quilting: Stitch in the ditch design following the instructions in the book and in the white background a flower design, using white thread (Dual Duty).
Backing: Blue and white cotton print
Batting: 100% Cotton (Warm and Natural)
Binding: Blue print cotton
Pattern: Tennessee Waltz from Quilt in a Day
Piecing 2012 by Patty. Quilting on home machine August 2012 (Patty) Binding by Patty. QC by Spencer.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:County Line Quilts