Sunday, October 7, 2012

Inclusions


This is the last in the baby quilt donation project. The pattern was adapted from one of my favorite quilting books "Sunday Morning Quilts". The authors called it 'Daydreams', but I called mine 'Inclusions' because it reminds me of rock inclusions. It's a good word because it has a legal, mathematical (set theory), and a scientific meaning as well as geological. I quilted this one as the designer describes in the book. I rather liked the quilting design.
I figure if you make several of the quilts in a book (such as this one and the Fons and Porter book I described in previous posts) then the price of the book was worth it. I love the title of the book; by itself it sounds cozy before you even look at the quilts.
Size: 48" x 55" Baby Size
Quilting: Loopy, crisscrossing, figure-eightish pattern (3 bobbins) using bright blue thread. Also one bunny. Free form quilting.
Backing: Bright green-colored flannel
Batting: 100% Cotton (Warm and Natural)
Binding: One of the printed flannels used for an inclusion in the quilt.
Pattern: "Sunday Morning Quilts" called 'Daydreams' in the book
Piecing 2012 by Patty. Quilting on long arm quilter Mar 2012 (Patty) Binding by Patty. QC by Spencer.






Still life of the sticky sheet used to catch trimmings, basting threads, etc.




The Bunny



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:County Line Quilts