Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Table Flourish



I made this table runner to have for a just in case gift. The fabrics are several Kaffe Fassett fat quarters that I bought from an Internet sale. The patchwork pattern is one I designed myself to show off the larger prints. The back is a fabric from my stash. The gold cotton for the binding came from Mother's stash. I quilted around the designs on the prints with a gold colored thread.

The final look was very rich. It is one of my best quilting projects. Narinder gave it to Greg and Theresa, who said that they liked it a lot.

Size: 15" x 50" Table Runner
Quilting: Meandering design following the designs on the fabric, using gold polyester thread (from Superior Threads). Free form quilting.
Backing: Red, gray and black cotton print
Batting: 100% Cotton (Warm and Natural)
Binding: Gold plain cotton
Pattern: My own
Piecing 2012 by Patty. Quilting on long arm quilter August 2012 (Patty) Binding by Patty. QC by Spencer.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:County Line Quilts