Monday, December 24, 2012

Simply a Holiday Table Runner



I made another table runner from the same easy pattern to have for a Christmas gift. The flower fabric and the dark-red one came from Mother's stash. The pink fabric was bought for the project. The pattern is Simply a Pleasure by Nicole Chambers-Kaya. I made it longer than the pattern by adding more squares. It went together very nicely and the corners matched perfectly.

I quilted it using my 'domestic' (sewing machine) by stitching in the ditch with 100% cotton machine thread from Mother's collection.

I gave this runner to Narinder's friends, Collin and Sharon. They liked it.

Size: 13" x 61" Table Runner
Quilting: Stitch in the ditch, using dark red cotton thread. Used my sewing machine with a walking foot (duel-feed).
Backing: Bright-pink cotton print with sparkles
Batting: 100% Cotton (Warm and Natural)
Binding: Dark-red cotton
Pattern: Simply a Pleasure by Nicole Chambers-Kaya
Piecing by Patty. Quilting on domestic December 2012 (Patty) Binding by Patty. QC by Spencer.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:County Line Quilts