Monday, December 24, 2012

Mariposa Table Runner


I made this table runner to have for a just in case gift. The fabrics are several fat quarters that I bought from an Internet sale. The fabric collection is called "Cocoon". The patchwork pattern is adapted from Skinny Quilts by Kim Schaefer; the pattern is called "The Big Easy". The back and binding is the black and white polka dot fabric used for "Black and White and Red All Over". The blue cotton for the border came from my stash. I quilted it using a style I recently read about in a magazine; the author called it a 'meander with a spine'. Mother didn't like the quilting design at all. I think it's okay, but I do need to practice it some more.
I added this runner to the donation box.
Size: 20 1/2" x 60" Table Runner
Quilting: Meandering design with a 'spine', using blue polyester thread (Omni from Superior Threads). Free form quilting. 2 bobbins.
Backing: Black and white polka-dot cotton print
Batting: 100% Cotton (Warm and Natural)
Binding: Black and white polka-dot cotton print
Pattern: "The Big Easy" from Skinny Quilts by Kim Schaefer
Piecing by Patty. Quilting on long arm quilter November 2012 (Patty) Binding by Patty. QC by Spencer.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:County Line Quilts