Monday, December 24, 2012

Cactus Canyon Table Runner


QC by Spencer Note the sahuaro rib stool in the background. This stool was in Tata's laundry room forever. I think Granddad made it. It's one of my earliest memories from her house.

I made this table runner to have for a just in case gift, but it looks so nice on my gray stone table that I may keep it. The fabrics are mostly from my stash. The backing is the rest of the outer border from Hannah's Beatrix Potter quilt. The pattern is one I designed myself to show off the cactus print. The green print cotton for the binding was bought for the project. I quilted a meandering loopy design with several sahuaro designs. Daddy made the sahuaro template for me.

I put this in the donation box, for now. ;-)

Size: 20" x 64" Table Runner
Quilting: Meandering loopy design with several sahuaro cactus outlines, using brown polyester thread (Omni from Superior Threads). Free form quilting, except used a cardboard template for the sahuaro designs. Two bobbins.
Backing: Brown cotton print
Batting: 80% Cotton 20% Polyester (Warm and White)
Binding: Green cotton print
Pattern: My own
Piecing by Patty. Quilting on long arm quilter November 19, 2012 (Patty) Binding by Patty. QC by Spencer.








The Sahuaro Design




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:County Line Quilts