Sunday, December 20, 2015

Pool Table Runner



This table runner was made with strips left from a tote bag I made earlier this year.  It's made a la the jelly roll race quilt pattern.  Mostly I made it to challenge my brain to figure out how many strips (select 12, use 11 1/2) needed to get a decent table runner. I am proud to say my brain still works! The planning produced a good sized runner. I also added corner pockets to hold flat weights, so the runner can be used outside and not blow away (as easily). Due to the water like colors and corner pockets I called this one "Pool Table Runner".  This one was given to Keith and Miff. I also gave them the flat metal washers to use as corner weights.

Size: 16" x 49" 
Quilting: Quilted in overall meandering water ripple design. Used turquoise polyester thread (Omni from Superior Threads-named "Treasure Isle"). Free form quilting. Used 1 bobbin. Quilting by Patty.
Backing: Blue green print bought from a fabric.com sale and added to my inventory.
Batting: 100% polyester, left over Hobbs batting
Binding:  Plain green cotton from Mother's inventory.
Pattern: Adapted from Jelly Roll Race quilt pattern
Piecing by Patty.
Pinned into frame December 4, 2015.  Quilting on long arm quilter December 4, 2015. (Patty). 
Binding by Patty. 
QC by Spencer.