Sunday, December 20, 2015

Periodic Table Runner


I saw a picture of a table runner on the Internet and decided to make something similar. 
I found this fun periodic table like and the chemistry lab like fabrics on fabric.com. With the help of bright scraps in my inventory, I made a copy of the runner from the Internet. I imagine that this one will be used on a patio table so I added corner pockets. Mother thinks the pockets need a way to be closed, but I didn't think so when I designed them. So, to be compliant I added the low tech safety pin solution. I love the brightness and chemistry-ness of this runner.

Size: 12" x 52" 
Quilting: Quilted on the domestic. Some stitch in the ditch and some quilting around the squares of the "periodic table". Used black 100% cotton thread. Used spray basting to hold the sandwich together. Every time I use the spray, my technique improves. Quilting by Patty.
Backing: Chemistry print from fabric.com.
Batting: 100% polyester, siliconized Pellon
Binding:  Black plain cotton from my inventory.
Pattern: From the Internet.
Piecing by Patty.
Binding by Patty. 
QC by a very sleepy Spencer