Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Morning Glory Table Toppers


Aunt Janet and Uncle Tommy moved to Texas. I decided to make a table runner as a house warming gift for them. I used the 60 Degrees of Separation pattern and fabric I found at a Connecting Threads Internet sale. I remember Aunt Janet said that if she could redo her yard she'd have blue and white flowers with yellow accents. What did her family get her? An orange flowering vine. So I thought the blue and white flowered stripe would be good for her runner. I had enough triangles left to make a small hexagon shaped topper. Later I learned that the small ones are called "table charms." Go figure! Maybe I'll give the small one to Miriam who also got a new home in December. I did not add labels so the toppers can be used reversiblely.

Size: 18" x 35" for the runner, 21" x 21" for the charm
Quilting: Quilted on the domestic following the stripe design. Used white 100% cotton thread. Quilting by Patty.
Backing: Morning Glory print from a Connecting Threads sale.
Batting: 100% polyester, Pellon siliconized batting
Binding:  Green morning glory leaf print from the same sale.
Pattern: "Sixty Degrees of Separation" from The Quilt Connection
Piecing by Patty.
Binding by Patty. 
QC by Spencer.

 

  

Location:County Line Quilts