Sunday, December 20, 2015

Nancy's Fancy Runner


This was another kit with the fabrics to piece the top and instructions. The only problem is that I didn't exactly follow the instructions so an already wide table runner turned out even wider. I think I should market it as a bed runner! I used the strips that came with the pattern and some left from the tote bag project; see Pool Table Runner. The strips and pattern came from a Nancy's Notions sale.


Size: 26" x 54" 
Quilting: Quilted in overall meandering loose stipple design. Used blue polyester thread (Omni from Superior Threads-named "Ocean Blue"). Free form quilting. Used 2 bobbins. Quilting by Patty.
Backing: Dark blue tonal cotton from my inventory, bought for the Twins' quilts.
Batting: 100% polyester, left over Hobbs Batting
Binding:  Strips from the set provided with the kit.
Pattern: "Offset Log Cabin" from Nancy's Notions
Piecing by Patty.
Pinned into frame December 9, 2015.  Quilting on long arm quilter December 9, 2015. (Patty). I was able to quilt 2 runners in one day, this one and Elementary!
Binding by Patty. 
QC by Spencer.