Wednesday, March 25, 2015

2015 Quiltathon--#4 Citrus Bars


Thread Choices, used the bright yellow


This is the fourth of the neonatal quilts I made for the quiltathon. I cut out this one and the next one and took them as "kits" to work on during the quilt-a-thon. The citrus colored fabrics came from a fat eighth roll that Ravinder and the girls gave me for Christmas. Each fat eighth made rectangles for 2 quilts. The other fabrics in the quilt, including the cute print I used on the back, came from my stash. Therefore, this quilt completes my 2015 goal of using my "inventory" before buying more fabric.  I can now invest in more inventory! Yay!

The pattern was a simple one suggested by members of the guild and posted on the guild's web site. 

Size: 32" x 32" Neo-natal Size (guideline is between 30" and 45")
Quilting: Quilted in a swirly, flowery, meandering design similar to the one used for Peace by Piece quilt in 2013. Used bright yellow polyester thread (Omni from Superior Threads-named "Mellow Yellow"). Free form quilting. 3 bobbins. 
Backing: A really cute nursery print that I got on a Joann's Red Tag table.
Batting: 100% bamboo.
Binding:  Bright green print from my stash. 
Pattern: Suggested by quilt guild and found on their web site.
Piecing by Patty.
Pinned into frame January 30, 2015. Quilting on long arm quilter January 30, 2015. (Patty). 
Binding by Patty. 
QC by Spencer.





Example Quilt from Guild's Web Site


Location:County Line Quilts