Tuesday, March 24, 2015

2015 Quiltathon--#2 Garden Stroll


This is the second of the neonatal quilts I made for the quiltathon. This one uses a Layer Cake pre-cut that I bought a couple of years ago from the Missouri Star Quilting site. Therefore, this quilt counts towards my 2015 goal of using my "inventory" before buying more fabric.  The name of the Layer Cake is "City Weekend". 

Size: 41" x 41" Neo-natal Size (guideline is between 30" and 45")
Quilting: Quilted in a hooky, spirally, meandering design. Used off-white polyester thread (Omni from Superior Threads-named "Cream"). Free form quilting. 3 bobbins. 
Backing: Built a back using 2 pieces from my stash. One piece was the background used for the appliqué blocks for the Side-by-Side Dog and Cat quilt I made in 2013.
Batting: 100% bamboo.
Binding:  Blue print from my stash. 
Pattern: "Penny Lane" from the book Quilts from Sweet Jane by Sue Pfau.  I also used this book for the Socky quilt I made last year.  See the information for that quilt for a picture of the book.
Piecing by Patty.
Pinned into frame January 19, 2015. Quilting on long arm quilter January 19, 2015. (Patty). 
Binding by Patty. 
QC by Spencer.