Tuesday, March 24, 2015

2015 Quiltathon--#3 Star Bright


This is the third of the neonatal quilts I made for the quiltathon. This one uses some leftover pre-cut Jellyroll strips that I had in my stash. Also the gray fabric used for the band , the orange used for the star and binding, and the backing came from my stash. Therefore, this quilt counts towards my 2015 goal of using my "inventory" before buying more fabric.  

The quilt design was inspired by one I saw in the Quilty magazine, though I added the Prairie Star block in the middle of the band.  The quilt was basted on the long arm and a rabbit was quilted in the middle of the star. The rest of the quilting was done by stitching lines on my "domestic" using a walking foot. 

Size: 37 1/2" x 42 1/2" Neo-natal Size (guideline is between 30" and 45")
Quilting: On January 12, 2015 basted using the long arm and also quilted a rabbit in the star. On January 20, 2015 quilted the strips in the ditch and quilted lines in the band and around the star on my sewing machine. Used gray 100% cotton thread for machine quilting. 
Backing: A blue cotton print from my stash. The backing was left from the backing of the Thinking About the Box quilt that I made last year.
Batting: 100% bamboo.
Binding: Orange cotton from my stash, also used for the star. 
Pattern: Inspired by Jelly Roll Redux by Joy McKeon in the September/October 2014 Quilty magazine.
Piecing by Patty.
Pinned into frame and basted January 12, 2015. Quilting on my domestic machine January 20, 2015. (Patty). 
Binding by Patty. 
QC by Spencer.





  

Location:County Line Quilts