Sunday, November 15, 2015

Skateboard Holiday


I had 3 orphan blocks from Eric's quilt. I decided to add some blocks and make a neonatal quilt for the guild. I used bright and happy colors, mostly batiks. The quilt wound up with a bright, island look as a result, hence the name "Skateboard Holiday." I arranged the blocks in sort of a chevron pattern. The black dot fabric in the border, pretty gray print on the back, and dark gray binding came from my inventory. 

Size: 42" x 44" Neonatal size
Quilting: Quilted in a patoto masher pattern to resemble the half-pipe that skateboarders use. Used Light gray polyester thread (Omni from Superior Threads-named "Silver"). Free form quilting. 4 bobbins. Quilting by Patty.
Backing: Gray print from my stash.
Batting: 50/50 polyester/cotton batting.
Binding:  Dark gray print from my stash. 
Pattern: Adapted from a Missouri Star Quilt Company 
Piecing by Patty.
Pinned into frame November 9, 2015. Quilting on long arm quilter November 11, 2015. (Patty). 
Binding by Patty. 
QC by Spencer.



Location:County Line Quilts