Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Strippy Flannel

This is a "strippy" quilt, as in fabric strips were used to make it.

QC is exhausting work!

This is the second of Mother's scrappy flannel quilts. Mother designed this quilt to use up strips of flannel we have left from the edges of long armed quilts and bindings and other sources. I tried quilting feathers, but I failed.  However, I do not give up! I will continue my conquest of feather quilting if it's the last thing I do!

Size: 65" x 85" Single Bed Size
Quilting: Attempted feathers, but miserably failed.  My feathers look more like the tracks egg beaters make when whipping cream or egg whites. Big sigh!  Used yellow polyester thread (Omni from Superior Threads-named "Mellow Yellow"). Free form quilting. 10 bobbins. 
Backing: Plain yellow flannel from my stash
Batting: 100% Cotton (Warm And White)
Binding: Gray flannel from Mother's stash
Pattern: Mother's own design
Piecing by Mother.
Pinned into frame June 13, 2014. Quilting on long arm quilter June 13-20, 2014. (Patty). 
Binding by Mother. 
QC by Spencer.