Sunday, November 6, 2022

Doll Blankets


I made doll blankets for Paisley’s and Quinn’s baby dolls or stuffed animals. I made Paisley a paisley one to match her name and a zoo one to match the quilt I sent her baby brother Chauncey. For Quinn I made 2 blankets that match the quilts for her “butters” (her term for the expected boy twins) and a paisley one because it is such cute fabric. All the blankets were quilted on a domestic machine, Janome heavy duty, using the thread that matched the binding. All the blankets had 100% polyester batting left from Aunt Joyce’s blue and white quilts.

For Paisley



Same fabric, back, and binding used for the Zoo Crib Quilt made in August in 2022.
18 1/2” x 23”




Used an Elegance charm pack from Missouri Star Quilting Company. The charm pack has some cute paisley prints. The backing was a matching paisley print also from MSQC. The binding fabric was a dusty pink fabric from my stash.
18 3/4” x 23”

For Quinn



Same fabric, backing, and batting used for Paisley’s paisley doll blanket.
18 3/4” x 23”



Same fabric and backing used for Owls in the Woods crib quilt, made in September 2022. Used the gold colored strips from the jelly roll for the binding.
18 3/4” x 22”




Same fabric and backing used for Rhythm and Harmony crib quilt made in September 2022. Used a gray blue dot print from my stash for the binding.
19” x 23 3/4”

For Karina
I made a blanket for friend Eirin’s granddaughter Karina. Karina has “stuffies” not dolls, so I made the blanket wider. I used a pastel charm pack from my stash, leftover polyester batting from Aunt Joyce’s blue and white quilts, light pink grunge print binding, and a pastel unicorn print backing left from Dani’s quilt Catch Your Dreams (see July 2019).
23” x 23”