Friday, January 15, 2021

Doll Quilt



Great nephew David received a baby doll. He loves her and named her Quinn after his cousin. So Aunt Patty decided to send the new family member a quilt.

I used strips from a jelly roll to make the top. I used a label from the new ones I ordered from Etsy. What an unexpected way to begin my 2021 quilting journey!
  • 20 1/2" x 30" Doll size
  • Quilting: Quilted along the edges of the stripes using my domestic machine. Used a zigzag stitch for the quilting. Used beige 100% cotton thread (Aurifil). Quilting by Patty.
  • Backing: Beige cotton flannel left from another project.
  • Batting: Same cotton flannel used for the backing.
  • Binding: Strips from the same jelly roll.
  • Pattern: Simple stripes.
  • Piecing by Patty
  • Quilting on domestic January 13, 2021 (Patty). 
  • Binding by Patty. Turned the binding and sewed the edge (second stitching) by hand on Jan 14, 2021, because our electricity was out due to PG&E work on electrical poles. 
  • QC by Patty







Thank you for the quilt! Thomas way happy to receive it 


I knew the blanket would be used like a “burrito wrap”.