Friday, October 27, 2017

Halloween Corners (PIGS)

I decided to make a Halloween quilt. Halloween seems to be something people with October birthdays at the quilt guild “do”, so I decided to follow suit. This quilt will be donated to the guild for the Life Moves organization. I called it Halloween Corners because the  quilt has 320 flippy corners. I am not fond of making flippy corners so I was nearly insane by the time I finished all the corners.
  • Size: 74" x 89 3/4" Full size
  • Quilting: Quilted in a meandering loose stipple, meant to look like spirits floating through the air. Free form quilting. 9 bobbins. Used Omni 100% polyester thread. Named "Orange Glow". Quilting by Patty.
  • Backing: Tan print paisley fabric from Fabric.com. A wide back for quilts. One of the handsomest backs I’ve ever found.
  • Batting: 100% cotton batting from Winline “Back to Basics”
  • Binding:  Orange yellow plain cotton from my inventory. 
  • Pattern: "Praire Flowers" from Block by Jenny Doan at MSQC  
  • Piecing by Patty.
  • Pinned into frame October 20,2017. Quilting on long arm quilter October 23-25, 2017. (Patty). 
  • Binding by Patty. 
  • QC by Spencer.