Thursday, September 5, 2019

Repaired Baby Quilt (New Technique—Bind Round Corners)


My friend Noe asked me to repair the back and binding of her daughter’s baby quilt. Her daughter is in college and says she needs the quilt to get through her last year. The top is also in bad shape and I tried to convince Kiley to keep it in a zippered case to protect it rather than fix it. But she really wanted the back and binding repaired. So, I did. The back was never quilted to the front, so it was fairly easy to repair. I “quilted” with an iron, using Misty Fuse to bond the top to the new back. I used white flannel for the back which was in my stash, left from a baby quilt project many years ago. The white fabric for the bias binging was also in my stash. I had Misty Fuse and white thread, so nothing was purchased for the project. I rather doubt that the top will last one more washing, but maybe Kiley will be finished with college by then. Binding the round corners was not a perfect job. I need more practice.
  • Size:  31" x 37"
  • Quilting: Quilted by iron using Misty Fuse
  • Backing: White flannel from my inventory
  • Batting: None
  • Pattern: Repair a quilt
  • Binding:  White fabric from my inventory. Bias binding to go around rounded corners.
  • This quilt is self-certified. QC by Patty.
Back and Binding Before Fix

New Back and Binding

Top Showing a Lot of Wear