Saturday, June 25, 2016

I Spy, With My Eye . . .

There are several baby quilts to complete this year. This one is for baby Madeline, Cousin Amy's baby due in June. I was also invited to the baby shower but since it was in Wisconsin, I declined. The quilt was completed in time to be shipped to the shower. Cousin Julie, the grandmother, reported that everyone liked the quilt, especially the back. I thought the back was perfect for Amy and would complement her interest in scrap booking and other crafts. This is a quilt and an "I Spy With My Little Eye" game. The various fabrics came from my inventory and a couple of Layer Cakes from the Missouri Star Quilting Company that are sold especially for I Spy quilts. The jar pattern was inspired by a MSQC video, too.
Size: 42" x 57" Baby size Quilting: Quilted in a loose meandering stipple, free form quilting. Used off-white polyester thread (Omni from Superior Threads-named "Pearl White"). Free form quilting. Made 6 bobbins, used 5 bobbins. Quilting by Patty.
Backing: Doodle print from a JoAnn's sale. Very cute fabric!
Batting: 100% Cotton, Warm and Natural
Binding:  A gray print from my inventory, also from a JoAnn's sale. Pattern: Jars from a Missouri Star Quilting Company video.
Piecing by Patty.
Pinned into frame April 20, 2016.  Quilting on long arm quilter April 20, 2016. (Patty). 
Binding by Patty. 
QC by Spencer.
 
 
Madeline playing I Spy

Location:County Line Quilts