Saturday, August 31, 2013

Dip-Slip (Normal & Reverse) Table Runner


This table runner was started to avoid hand quilting and because the stack and whack mug rugs I made were so much fun. I wanted to try the technique on something larger than a mug rug. The runner is named after a type of earthquake fault.

The fabric for this runner was a batik fat quarter collection I purchased some time ago. The sashing and binding was a neutral I found in my stash. The backing was a green tonal print from my stash. The pattern was copied from the book, Mug Rugs. The pattern was similar to "Out of Line" by Petra Herbrechtsmeier.



This runner was sent to David and Chelsea for their first home.

Size: 14 1/2" x 62 1/2"
Quilting: Free-form, meandering spiral design using light tan polyester thread (Omni from Superior Threads-named "Lt. Tan") 2 bobbins.
Backing: Green cotton tonal print
Batting: 100% cotton-Warm and White
Binding: Neutral plain tan cotton
Pattern: "Out of Line" by Petra Herbrechtsmeier in Mug Rugs book
Sewing by Patty. Quilting by Patty. Binding by Patty. QC by Spencer.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:County Line Quilts